From the beginning, Kauffman Museum has been about celebrating the magic of things, from one-of-a-kind artifacts to a fully reconstructed prairie to otherwise common everyday objects imbued with significance by history.
Visit us today and explore Mennonite stories at Kauffman Museum!
Our First Saturday Bird Walks depart from the kiosk in the museum parking lot for a mile-and-a-half hike through Chisholm Park and along Sand Creek Trail. Be prepared for some unpaved/steep terrain and winter weather. Binoculars and a bird book are recommended but not...
- Bird Bytes: Bird News from Kauffman Museum
- Of Land & People Audio Stories
- Kauffman Museum videos including our museum design process, ArtiFact Friday, and more!
- Special exhibit virtual tours and exhibit interactives:
- Recent events featured below, or our Kauffman Museum media archive on YouTube
“Mennonite Peace Efforts under Communist Observation,” Pastor Bernhard Thiessen
May 21, 2023
“Of Wool & Silk: Textile Explorations in Central Asia,” Dr. Mary M. Dusenbury
May 20, 2023
“The Past in the Present” with Justina Neufeld and Janine Wedel | Living Endowment Dinner 2022
Oct 23, 2022
“Decommissioned Missile Silo Sites: Reminders of Our Past and Future” | SAAM
Sept 18, 2022
27th and North Main St.
North Newton, KS 67117
Across from the main campus of
300 E. 27th Street
North Newton, KS, 67117-1716
Closed Mondays and