A spring fundraiser for Kauffman Museum on May 2, 2021.
Celebrate and Learn
Celebrate spring and learn about Low German Mennonite food culture with FaspBox, faspa in a box from Kauffman Museum! Faspa is a light, evening meal consisting of bread, meat, jam, butter and cheese.
Pickup and Delivery Details
- FaspBoxes may be picked up at Kauffman Museum between 4:30 and 6:30 on Sunday, May 2.
- If you choose delivery, FaspBoxes will be delivered to your home on May 2 between 5:00 and 6:30.
- Delivery drivers will not enter your home. Please be prepared to answer your door.
- For delivery farther than 15 miles from North Newton, please contact Andi Andres to set up a rendezvous location.
- Kidron Bethel Village and Schowalter Villa will allow delivery to assisted living and health care entrances.
Your FaspBox will include:
Cured meat from Gillispie Meats, Newton
Elbing Cheese from Grazing Plains Farm, Whitewater
Zwieback made by local bakers
Bonne Maman preserves
Butter, mustard and pickles
Related Kauffman Museum and faspa activities
Exclusive Premiere: “Of Zwieback and Faspa”
FaspBox participants will have exclusive access to the premiere of local historian Glen Ediger’s recorded presentation exploring the history, traditions and stories of Zwieback and a meal called Faspa. Guests will receive viewing information via email prior to May 2.
Please RSVP no later than April 26
Register online using the link below or by returning your FaspBox invitation response card with payment to Kauffman Museum, 300 East 27th Street, North Newton, 67117.
Have questions? Please email Andi Schmidt Andres at email@example.com, or call us at (316) 283-1612
27th and North Main St.
North Newton, KS 67117
Across from the main campus of
300 E. 27th Street
North Newton, KS, 67117-1716
Closed Mondays and