We are taking the following precautions to keep our visitors and staff members safe. Read through this outline of new protocols and procedures.
- During business hours staff and volunteers will wear masks in public areas and in the common workroom.
- Each day prior to 9:30 am opening, at 1:00 pm, and when visitors leave, front desk staff will sanitize and wipe down surfaces.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at the front desk.
Museum visitors and shoppers must:
- Wash your hands upon entry in the museum restrooms.
- Fill out an index card for contact tracing with the date, your name and preferred method of communication (email or phone). We will not use these for anything besides contact tracing. We will shred them after 30 days. Turn in your card at the front desk. Leave your pen in the used pen mug.
- Masks are required while you are in the museum. If you didn’t bring a mask, you may have one from Kauffman Museum.
- Follow social distancing rules:
- Stay six feet away from other visitors, staff and volunteers.
- Borrow a museum measuring tape to see if you are six feet away. Return measuring tools to the front desk to be sanitized.
- Use your elbow or a tissue when you sneeze or cough. Don’t touch your face.
- Touch as few surfaces as possible.
The museum grounds are open 24/7 for outdoor exercise and discovery. Explore our Visit page for the regular visitor and group visit information.
Stay up to date on the latest information on the Kauffman Museum Facebook page.