Join us for FaspBox, a fundraiser celebrating spring and teaching about Low German Mennonite food culture. Faspa is a light evening meal consisting of bread, meat, jam, butter and cheese. Your FaspBox will include:
- Cured meats from Gillispie Meats, Newton
- Elbing Cheese from Grazing Plains Farm, Whitewater
- Zwieback* made by local bakers
- Bonne Maman preserves
- Butter and mustard
- Homemade old-fashioned cookies
- Plus related Kauffman Museum and Faspa activities
Exclusive Premiere: Available only to FaspBox participants after 4pm on May 2, Kauffman Museum will air a recorded program by local historian Glen Ediger, “Of Zwieback and Faspa”. Directions for accessing the premiere will be emailed to you at a later date. Pick Up and Delivery Details
- FaspBoxes may be picked up at Kauffman Museum between 4:30 and 6:30 on Sunday, May 2.
- If you choose delivery, FaspBoxes will be delivered to your homes May 2 between 5:00 and 6:30.
- Delivery drivers will not enter your home. Please be prepared to answer your door.
- For delivery farther than 15 miles from North Newton, please contact Andi Andres to set up a rendezvous location.
- Kidron Bethel Village and Schowalter Villa will allow delivery to assisted living and health care entrances. Facility staff will deliver meals to residents.
Accepting Orders until April 26 The cost of FaspBox is $50 per person. To include a donation with your order, please add a donation at checkout or send a check to Kauffman Museum, Bethel College, 300 East 27th Street, North Newton, KS 67117. Questions? Please call (316) 283-1612 or email Andi Schmidt-Andres at firstname.lastname@example.org See more event details here